Mobile: 0428 573 389
Elected to Council on 22 October 2016
Previous Term on Council 2008 to 2012
Councillor Firth represents Council on the following Committees:
- Benalla Festival Advisory Committee
- CEO Performance Review Advisory Committee
- Communications Advisory Committee
- Benalla Performing Arts & Convention Centre Board of Management
- Benalla Landfill Development Strategy Project Steering Committee
- Benalla Saleyards Working Group
- CBD Car Parking Working Group
- Accessibility Reference Group
- Advancing Benalla Executive:
- Early Years Network
- Education Action Development Team
- Health and Wellbeing Action Group and Family Violence Network
- Jobs and Skills Action Development Team
- Benalla Family Research Group
- Goulburn Broken Greenhouse Alliance
- Hume Region Local Government Network
- Melbourne to Albury Passenger Rail Service Collaboration
- Municipal Association of Victoria
- Rural Councils Victoria Inc
About Cr Don Firth (Mayor)
Why did you nominate for election to council?
To help make the council a more broad based representative council.
What is your vision for Benalla?
A continually growing community, maintaining its regional and rural qualities and ideals for the benefit of those who choose to live here.
What local issues are you especially interested in?
Maintenance and improvement of existing infrastructure.
What would you like council to achieve in the next four years?
To have the community feel more connected to the council in general and improve our financial position to the point where we can plan with confidence, after proper consultation with the community, what it wants.
Your background - work experience, career, family, children, hobbies?
Electrical contractor for 31 years. I have 2 children Nicole and Callan, both born in Benalla. I am from a family of five children, all born in Benalla. My interests are family, friends and golf.
Best methods for residents and the community to contact you?
By phone, anytime or via email: email@example.com