Notice is given pursuant to section 119 of the Local Government Act 1989 that the Benalla Rural City Council at its meeting on 15 March 2017, resolved to make a new Local Law to be known as the Community Local Law 2017.
On the commencement of this Community Local Law, the following local law will be revoked: Community Local Law 2009.
The purpose of this Local Law is to provide:
• Peace, order and good governance of the municipality in a safe and healthy environment so that the community can enjoy a quality of life that meets its expectations
• The safe and equitable use and enjoyment of public places
• The protection and enhancement of the amenity and environment of the municipality
• The fair and reasonable use and enjoyment of private land
• The uniform and fair administration of this Local Law.
Community members, residents, businesses and agencies are invited to make written submissions on the proposed Local Law. All written submissions must be with Council by 5 pm, 20 June 2017. For those people wishing to make a submission, a copy of the Local Law can be obtained from the Customer Service Centre at 1 Bridge Street East, Benalla or viewed on Council’s website www.benalla.vic.gov.au
Chief Executive Officer