Benalla Rural City Council commenced a review of key services according to Best Value legislation in 2004, following deamalgamation.
The Local Government (Best Value Principles) Act 1999 required Council to review services against the six Best Value Principles:
• All services must meet quality and cost standards
• All services must be responsive to the needs of the community
• A service must be accessible to those for whom it is intended
• A council must achieve continuous improvement in its provision of services
• A council must develop a program of regular consultation with its community in relation to the services it provides
• A council must report regularly, at least once a year, on its achievements to its community in relation to the Best Value Principles.
All service reviews, which can be accessed below, were completed by 31 December 2005 as required by the legislation.