Municipal Rates Concession

Pensioners receive a rebate on their rates and charges from the State Government. If you hold a current pensioner concession card, you may be eligible to claim a rebate on your Council rates.

To claim a rebate, you must meet the following eligibility criteria:

  • The property must be your principal place of residence
  • The property address must be the one stated on your pension card
  • You must be the person liable for payment of the rates and charges
  • You must not have claimed a rebate on any other property in the same financial year

How to claim a rebate

Complete an Application for a Municipal Rates Concession, which is available from the Customer Service Centre. The Customer Service Team will need you to produce your entitlement card so that we can take a copy and verify your entitlement with Centrelink.

Once you’ve completed the form and had the Municipal Rates Concession applied, the rebate will automatically be applied to your rates each year unless your circumstances change.

Apply any time within the financial year for the full Municipal Rates Concession for the year.

For more information on concession programs, please call the Concessions Information Line on 1800 658 521 (toll free) or visit the Department of Human Services information on concessions