Benalla Town Hall
The Benalla Town Hall was constructed as the Municipal Chambers and Shire Hall in 1883.
This heritage listed building has the following features:
- Heating and cooling
- Floor restoration
- Feature furnishings from the Parliament of Victoria
- ‘Bacchantes’, a painting by Julian Rossi Ashton, which was a gift from Philip Bacon.
- A commercial kitchen with stainless steel fittings
- Historic, intricate internal features
- Comfortable meeting rooms
The Town Hall has a large auditorium which can seat up to 250 for community theatre. It also has meeting rooms, so the Town Hall is used for a wide range of community activities, including:
- Dances and formal balls
- Youth events
- Presentations and award ceremonies
- Community theatre
- Community consultation sessions
There is a large meeting room available upstairs at the Benalla Town Hall, which seats up to 16 people. An accessible meeting room on the downstairs floor may also be available.
Fees and Charges for the 2017/18 Financial Year:
|Auditorium before 5pm
||$42 per hour
|Auditorium after 5pm
||$60 per hour
|Whole day function (excluding weddings and concerts)
||$380 per day
|Meeting room before 5pm
||$17 per hour
|Meeting room after 5pm
||$22 per hour
|Insurance cover note (insurance required for functions and events)
|Cleaning (if required)
||$155 per hour
|Refundable bond deposit (auditorium)
Fees and charges for using the Town Hall can be found on our Fees & Charges page.
Learn more about how to hire the venue by downloading the form on our Venues & Meeting Rooms for Hire page.