Elected to Council on 22 October 2016
Councillor Hearn represents Council on the following committees:
- Audit Advisory Committee
- Benalla Sports and Equestrian Centre Advisory Committee
- CEO Performance Review Advisory Committee
- Benalla Landfill Development Strategy Project Steering Committee
- Benalla Landfill Cell 2 construction Project Control Group
- Road and Footpath Managment Plan Project Control Group
- Domestic Animal Management Plan Review Steering Committee
- Benalla P-12 College Council
- Benalla Youth Service Providers Network
- Benalla Showgrounds and Recreation Reserve Committee of Management Inc.
- Churchill Reserve Committee of Management Inc.
- United Friendly Society Reserve Committee of Management Inc.
- Live4Life Partnership Group
Why did you nominate for election to council?
A need for change. A perfect opportunity to renew the support for the growth of our community. I saw a need for my expertise and I had a yearning to help.
What is your vision for Benalla?
My vision is to create a collective community that helps and supports each other to achieve our dreams, starting with our town’s youth. A stronger more prosperous town focused on supporting local business, growth and development of local services, also supporting young professionals.
What local issues are you especially interested in?
Innovation, development and support. Key local issues at present are: Local waste management, Youth Mental and Social Health, in Town Services. Early Education Intervention and Access to Effective Education for all Children. Also, support for local and small businesses to keep their doors open and continue servicing our town and access for employment for the youth.
What would you like council to achieve in the next four years?
An active and responsive council that focuses on developing a collective community that supports the future of Australian local businesses to thrive in the town. Making our town a better place to live and improve our lifestyle.
Your background - work experience, career, family, children, hobbies?
I am a Benalla policeman’s daughter, one of nine children, wife and mother of two sons, book keeper and office admin manager. We run a Warmblood breeding stud and farm, specialising in development and training of show jumping horses.
Best methods for residents and the community to contact you?
By phone or by email firstname.lastname@example.org