Elected to Council on 22 October 2016
Councillor Claridge represents Council on the following Committees:
- Benalla Art Gallery Special Committee
- Benalla Airport Advisory Committee
- CEO Performance Review Advisory Committee
- Benalla Airport Redevelopment Project Steering Committee
- Benalla Landfill Development Strategy Project Steering Committee
- Road and Footpath Management Plan Project Working Group
- Benalla and District Historical Society Inc.
- State Gliding Centre Committee of Management Inc.
Why did you nominate for election to council?
With a long history in business, I felt that I had the negotiation and decision making skills needed to move Benalla ahead.
What is your vision for Benalla?
I would like to see Benalla recognised as a destination for local and international visitors, and a place locals are proud to call home.
What local issues are you especially interested in?
As a member of the Street Art Committee, I look forward to engaging the community to establish Benalla as the regional street art capital of Australia.
What would you like council to achieve in the next four years?
I would like to see the council working as a team to action the plans and aspirations of the community.
Your background - work experience, career, family, children, hobbies?
40 years in the automotive business in Benalla. Pat and I have four daughters and seven grandchildren. I am an avid collector Aboriginal art.
Best methods for residents and the community to contact you?
By phone, anytime or by email email@example.com