Request to travel to Benalla Rural City for emergency preparations

If you live in regional Victoria, in an area not in lockdown, you can travel to a second property, holiday home or business in regional Victoria to prepare it for an emergency. 

If you live in metropolitan Melbourne or in a regional area in lockdown and own property in regional Victoria, or within metropolitan Melbourne but beyond current travel restrictions, travel to your second property for emergency preparedness should be a last resort. You are strongly encouraged to use local contractors and businesses to prepare your second property to avoid travelling. 

If you are unable to use contractors to prepare your property on your behalf, you can only travel from metropolitan Melbourne or regional areas that are in lockdown to your regional property to prepare it for an emergency if you have been issued a Fire Prevention Notice legally requiring you to undertake fire preparedness activities for that property, or you have applied for and been granted a letter of support from your local council.

Fill in this form if you would like to request that Benalla Rural City Council provides a letter of support so you can undertake fire or flood preparation works at your property.

Property Owner Information
Property Information
Travel information
Additional assistance
I agree to the terms outlined below * (required)
1. All restrictions travel with you. This means that if you live in metropolitan Melbourne or in a regional area that is in lockdown, and your property is in regional Victoria then the restrictions applying to your home address travel with you. For example, you will not be able to visit hospitality venues as a dine-in customer.
2. You should ensure that your stay at your property is limited to undertaking the necessary work and you should remain at your property.