July 5-day COVID-19 Lockdown
Published on 16 July 2021
The Victorian Government has announced a five day lockdown from 11:59pm, Thursday 15 July.
This means that until otherwise advised, these venues will be closed for face-to-face business until Wednesday 21 July:
- Customer Service Centre
- Benalla Library
- Benalla Cinema @ BPACC
- Visitor Information Centre
- Benalla Art Gallery
As there are only five reasons to leave home, the Benalla Resource and Recovery Centre (Benalla Landfill) is open for emergency use only for residents. If a waste material is making your home hazardous, you can remove the material to dispose of at the Landfill. Examples include:
- removing a fallen tree obstructing access
- cleaning up after a weather event impacting building or structure
- removal of waste with a significant odour.
Authorised workers may continue to access the Landfill and Transfer Station as an authorised workplace.
Our doors may be closed but we continue to offer our services to the community. You can still conduct business with the Council by phone or on our website.
There are only five reasons to leave home:
- to get food and supplies
- exercise, for up to two hours and no more than 5kms from your home
- work or education if you can’t do it from home
- care and caregiving
- getting vaccinated at the nearest possible location.
Face masks must be worn outdoors and indoors at all times (except at home).
For those that have returned from a red zone on a permit – you must follow the requirements of your permit. That means going straight home to quarantine for 14 days and only leaving to get tested.
For a more detailed overview of the restrictions, please see the updated Table of Restrictions.