State Government provides funding for outdoor activation spaces
Published on 12 November 2021
Benalla Rural City Council has been given the opportunity to access $300,000 to drive economic and social activity through the Victorian Government’s Outdoor Activation Fund.
The $40 million 2021 Victorian Governments Outdoor Activation Fund supports Victorian councils in assisting businesses to operate in outdoor settings in a COVIDSafe manner.
In addition to supporting hospitality businesses, the funding will support a broad range of industries that have been severely impacted by COVID restrictions (such as gyms, creative businesses, personal/beauty services, and non-essential retail).
Mayor Councillor Bernie Hearn said “We’re grateful for the opportunity to refresh our public spaces as we welcome people back to the north east again.”
The funding guidelines stipulate Council spend $150,000 for temporary and $150,000 for semi-permanent and permanent structures and solutions.
The program will create lasting impacts for our business community and enable Council to activate projects that:
• increase the vibrancy of the Council’s outdoor dining/parklet programs in the townships of Benalla, Goorombat, Devenish and Swanpool
• incorporate more arts, culture, creativity and community activities into the streetscape
• positively contribute to increased economic social activity in the wider municipality
• drive visitation and encourage better dispersal
• bring the community together in a way that is positive, meaningful and COVID safe.
Council welcomes your ideas and input. Visit our website for additional detail, to complete a survey and submit your ideas.
Submissions close 19 November 2021.