Request to be Heard
COVID-19 - Council live-streaming meetings
Under Part 5.3 of the COVID-19 Omnibus (Emergency Measures) Act 2020 (the Omnibus Act), Benalla Rural City Council is live streaming Council Meetings to protect the health and safety of Councillors, staff and members of the public. Members of the public will be able to:
- view the meeting on a live stream via the Council’s website
- make submissions / ask questions via videoconference or in writing.
Members of the public will not be able to attend Council meetings in person. Under the Omnibus Act these measures will be in place until 2 November 2020 or otherwise legislated by the Victorian government. Written submissions can be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the meeting date in the subject line, or by writing to the CEO, PO Box 227, BENALLA 3672. Written submissions should be of a length which can be read within the three minutes allowed for an in-person presentation in accordance with the Governance Local Law 2016. This requirement only applies to submissions which are to be read out in a public meeting in place of attending in person, and does not replace the rights of making written submissions under any other Act or regulation. More information on the virtual meetings procedure hereVirtual-Meetings-Information-for-public-participants.pdf(PDF, 135KB) .
If you still wish to request to be heard via video-conference, fill in the form below and you will be sent information on how to participate in the meeting via video-conference.
(attach a separate sheet if more space is required)
View this form as a PDF(PDF, 56KB)
Chief Executive Officer
Benalla Rural City Council
PO Box 227
Making a submission to a Special Committee
- The Chair will call on speakers in the order they have registered.Submissions relating to an item on the agenda are made immediately before the report on the matter. Submissions on any other matter are heard at the beginning of the meeting.
- A maximum of three minutes will be provided to each speaker.No material is to be distributed during the meeting without the permission of the Chair.
- At the end of each submission, the Chair will ask Councillors if they have any questions on the submission. After questions have been asked and answered, no further input can be made by the person making the submission.
- The Committee will then resolve to receive the submission.
Refer to the Governance Local Law for more information.
Council and Special Committee public meetings are recorded. Please see the bottom of this page for information.
Audio Recording of Meetings
Please note: All Council meetings will be audio recorded and made available for public access, with the exception of matters identified as confidential items in the agenda. This includes public participation sections of the meetings.
These recordings are taken to facilitate the preparation and accuracy of the minutes of open Council meetings, broader access to open Council meetings and the accuracy of submitter details (where relevant).
By participating in open Council meetings, individuals consent to the use and disclosure of the information that they share at the meeting (including any personal/sensitive information) for the purposes of Council carrying out its functions. Individuals also consent to the disclosure of that information to any person(s) who access those recordings.