The Family Services program is to assist children, young people and families. When change is necessary for a child’s development and growth, we support positive steps toward long-term change.
The Council provides a free service to families living within Benalla Rural City with children aged from birth to 18 years using funding from the State Government.
Families can access the service directly by contacting the Orange Door Ovens Murray on 1800 271 157 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The team works alongside families to:
- Strengthen and support the family unit
- Assist families to provide a safe and nurturing environment for their children
- Offer strategies and support for managing challenging childhood behaviours
- Assist families to organise their time and resources, including budgeting and household management
- Encourage families to adopt healthy lifestyle choices
- Provide emotional support during challenging times
- Integrate families with community social supports
- Advocate on behalf of families
- Refer to appropriate specialist services
- Working collaboratively with existing family supports
- Provide case coordination services
- Assist families to access kindergarten and schooling
For further information please contact the Community Care team 03 5761 4500.