2022 Flood Event - Government Support
Find below a list of Current Government Support offered via State and Federal Government channels for those impacted by the October 2022 flooding.
- Victorian Emergency Relief Assistance Payment - The one-off payment is to help residents and their household to meet "immediate and essential needs" like emergency shelter, food, clothing or personal items: emergencypayments.dffh.vic.gov.au
- The emergency re-establishment payment - provides assistance to households of limited financial means, whose home is uninhabitable, destroyed or is inaccessible. The payment can cover clean-up, emergency accommodation, repairs, rebuilding (a principal place of residence), and replacing some damaged contents. More information can be found on the VicEmergency website
- Flood Recovery Hotline - a single state-wide number, 1800 560 760, that Victorians impacted by the October 2022 floods can call for help with:
- navigating available support
- temporary accommodation
- mental health and wellbeing support.
- Agriculture Victoria has recently made available grant streams which open on 20 October to flood affected businesses and farmers:
- Primary Producer Recovery Grants: Up to $75,000 grants to cover the cost of recovery and get businesses up and running again.
Note: This replaces the $10,000 Primary Producer Flood Clean–Up, Relief Grants announced on 19 October. Producers that have received a Primary Producer Flood Clean–Up Relief Grant of $10,000 can now apply for up to a further $65,000 under the Primary Producer Recovery Grant, bringing the total to $75,000.
- Rural Landholder Grants: Up to $25,000 grants to cover the costs of disaster impacts for small-scale producers.
- Primary Producer Concessional Loans: Up to $250,000 to restore or replace damaged equipment and infrastructure, or to cover the short-term business expenses.
- Primary Producer Transport Subsidies: Up to $15,000 to support the transport of emergency fodder or stock drinking water, and the movement of livestock.
These grants can be accessed via the following link: agriculture.vic.gov.au/farm-management/emergency-management
- $54 million Small Business Immediate Flood Relief Program - For small business owners whose livelihoods have been affected by the floods.