First elected – 3 December 2008 – 27 October 2012
Served again – 9 November 2016 – 24 October 2020
Mayor – 9 November 2016 – 14 September 2018
Served again – 5 November 2020 – October 2024
Deputy Mayor – 10 November 2021 –16 November 2022
Councillor Firth represents Council on the following Committees:
- Benalla Festival Advisory Committee
- CEO Performance Review Advisory Committee
- Former Migrant Camp Conservation Management Plan Implementation Steering Committee
- Accessibility Reference Group
- Benalla Youth Service Providers Network
- Benalla Indoor Recreation Centre Committee of Management Incorporated
- Churchill Reserve Committee of Management Incorporated
- United Friendly Society Reserve Committee of Management Incorporated
Why did you nominate for election to council?
To help make the council a more broad based representative council.
What is your vision for Benalla?
A continually growing community, maintaining its regional and rural qualities and ideals for the benefit of those who choose to live here.
What local issues are you especially interested in?
Maintenance and improvement of existing infrastructure.
What would you like council to achieve in the next four years?
To have the community feel more connected to the council in general and improve our financial position to the point where we can plan with confidence, after proper consultation with the community, what it wants.
Your background - work experience, career, family, children, hobbies?
Electrical contractor for 31 years. I have 2 children Nicole and Callan, both born in Benalla. I am from a family of five children, all born in Benalla. My interests are family, friends and golf.
Best methods for residents and the community to contact you?
By phone, anytime or via email: email@example.com