Benalla Town Hall
The Benalla Town Hall was constructed as the Municipal Chambers and Shire Hall in 1883.
This heritage listed building has the following features:
- Heating and cooling
- Floor restoration
- Feature furnishings from the Parliament of Victoria
- ‘Bacchantes’, a painting by Julian Rossi Ashton, which was a gift from Philip Bacon.
- A commercial kitchen with stainless steel fittings
- Historic, intricate internal features
- Comfortable meeting rooms
The Town Hall has a large auditorium which can seat up to 250 for community theatre. It also has meeting rooms, so the Town Hall is used for a wide range of community activities, including:
- Dances and formal balls
- Youth events
- Presentations and award ceremonies
- Community theatre
- Community consultation sessions
Fees and charges for using the Town Hall can be found on our Fees & Charges page.
Bookings can be made by contacting us during business hours at our Customer Service Centre on 03 5760 2600.