Transporting Water (Carters)

If you deliver or sell water to the public that is intended for consumption or for any purpose connected to consumption, such as:

  • making ice for consumption
  • preserving unpackaged food
  • preparation of food

you must register your water transport vehicle with the council in whose district the water transport vehicle is garaged – that is, the principal council - via Streatrader

Your principal council will consider the information in your application. You will be advised when you are registered, or if there are any further steps that you must take to obtain registration.

A water transport vehicle is a class 3 food premises, provided that the water is obtained from an approved supplier. Reading the Guidelines on safe potable water can help you keep the water you sell safe.