Benefits of working with the Benalla Rural City Council
Employees of Benalla Rural City Council are rewarded with flexible working arrangements, work/life balance, an attractive salary, study assistance programs and an encouraging and supportive work environment.
We provide a diverse range of services to the community, so employment opportunities vary from administrative roles, engineering, planning, home care and management opportunities.
The majority of our workforce are employed full-time with some people working part-time or casual.
Family Friendly and Flexible Working Arrangements
- 14 weeks paid maternity leave
- 2 weeks paid paternity leave
- 48/52 (purchased leave) arrangements
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Davidson Trahaire Corpsych is the Council’s preferred EAP supplier
- Designed to help staff deal with any work-related or personal problems
- Our EAP program is confidential
- Committed to developing staff by strategically identifying, developing and evaluating learning opportunities
- Access to learning opportunities is based on corporate, team and individual needs and capabilities
Equal Employment Opportunity
Benalla Rural City Council aims to provide a workplace free from any form of discrimination, bullying and harassment. We are committed to creating an environment in which all forms of harassment and bullying are not tolerated at any level.
Code of Conduct
The Staff Code of Conduct is designed to offer guidance and provide an understanding of the values and standards of behaviour expected of Council staff in their daily work and activities.
It’s essential that the Council’s staff represent the Council and conduct all affairs legally, ethically and with the highest standards of integrity and professionalism.
The Staff Code of Conduct presents the values and standards upon which the Council’s reputation has been built. Our ability to continue to uphold these values and standards is fundamental to the partnership and trust between the Council and the community.